Songs I wrote
Enhancing Film, TV, Live Theater.
Composer/Songwriter Patricia Ju’s colorful music history crosses genres, roles, and media channels. She especially loves collaborating with Theatre, Film, and TV directors. Her scoring, sound design, and musical direction/performance credits include
- NY—Theatre: Much Ado About Nothing (SUNY Purchase, 2012), Flying Fables (City College of New York New Haarlem Arts Theatre, 2012), Henry V (Classical Theatre of Harlem, 2011; AUDELCO nominee for Sound Design/Composition), Armor of Wills (Horse Trade Productions/ Beggars Group), Love’s Labour’s Lost (The Arden Party).
- TV/Commercials: The Consumerist: Worst Companies in America, Wagner College. Corporate: Pricewaterhouse Coopers MakeItCount and Warren Easton.
- NJ—Theatre: Pippin, Godspell, Guys and Dolls, the Mikado, The Sound of Music, Working.
- Chicago—Theatre: Jones College Prep Twelfth Night.
- International—Theatre: As You Like It!, Godspell. Film: Finkle Films’ The Glass Box.
In Portland, OR, she produced rock concerts for charity, providing opportunities for independent musicians to shine (GoGirlsMusicFest 2000 & 2003, NW Women Songwriters Showcase, a KBOO Valentine Concert). Ms. Ju also jets to Nashville and LA to grow her songwriting mojo; she’s written hundreds of songs and published two Alt-pop albums that live a distance away from her musical roots. Classically trained, she practiced her way to the piano at Carnegie Hall’s Weill Recital Hall, soloed with the Taipei National Symphony Orchestra as a Yamaha artist, and won the American Music Scholarship Association and the Brooklyn Arts Council Association Competitions plus numerous awards and scholarships at the Juilliard School Pre-College. There, she studied Piano for 10 years under Kathrine Parker, Composition under Dr. Andrew Thomas and Eric Ewazen, and Conducting as Assistant Conductor to the Chamber Choir under Rebecca Scott. Finally, Ms. Ju is happy Harlemite, proud and fortunate to be part of the New Harlem Renaissance as a Member of Community Board 9 and Chair of the Sugar Hill Block Association, Inc.
Filmmakers, Theatremakers, Music Supervisors, Publishers: PJ revels in composing emotional support for theater, film, and TV. Please contact her if you are seeking a collaborative, professional composer who will deliver what you’re looking for and turn tracks around in short order.
Singers and Actors: PJ has extensive training in coaching vocalists, and will help you to learn your notes, rhythms, lyrics, and diction (English, Italian, French, German, Latin, Mandarin Chinese); for auditions or for performances. She also creates practice tracks with your part isolated, or removed, so that you can most efficiently transition from memorizing to expressing.